At a glance...
- Prices from £1200 inc VAT (non-valved race non-resonated GPF Back)
- TIG-welded from T304 stainless steel
- 3in/76.2mm mandrel-bent pipework
- Stock catalyst and GPF can be retained (MOT compliant)
- Valved option integrates fully with the VW drive modes
- Available in GPF Back and Turbo Back configurations
- Race GPF back recorded +5.9dB at 4,000rpm
- Turbo back system is true 3in/76.2mm diameter throughout (no pinch points) with section of larger 3.5in/88.9mm pipework from turbo flange and sports catalyst/de-cat option
- Opens door to ECU remapping and further engine tuning
- Available with all-new 4in/101.6mm carbon fibre tailpipes
The Golf R has been a long time favourite amongst hot hatch fans. When Volkswagen launched the eight generation Golf R in 2021, they invested countless hours to make sure that the updated version of their iconic hot hatch is improved in every conceivable way.
What VW did was take their proven EA888, 2.0 litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged engine and increase the firepower. The result is 316BHP, which fires the Golf R from a standstill to 62 MPH in just 4.7 seconds and on to a top speed of 155 MPH.
The Golf R (Mk8) is a tuners dream thanks to its capable chassis, excellent all-wheel drive system and horsepower hungry turbocharged engine. Cobra Sport have enjoyed enormous success with the previous Golf R (Mk7).
Aiming to replicate this success with the Golf R (Mk8), Cobra Sport are proud to announce their latest product range for the ultimate Golf. Over the past few months, their research and development team have been hard at work developing an extensive range of performance exhaust systems including GPF Backs, Downpipes and Turbo-Back performance exhausts, that will cater to the needs of any fast VW enthusiast.
New to the range is Cobra Sport's Race GPF Back performance exhaust, featuring a rear silencer with a frequency enhancing chamber. This unique design offers the biggest sound increase whilst keeping the standard GPF and catalyst in place (+5.9dB in Race GPF Back configuration).
The turbo back system has been designed with a 4.5in/114.3mm 200 cell high flow sports catalyst and is true 3in/76.2mm pipework throughout with no pinch points or reductions. After extensive flow modelling, the decision was made to include a section of 3.5in/88.9mm pipework from the turbo flange to minimise back pressure from the turbo, maximising flow rates directly from the turbo, further aiding tuning potential.
Taking the style upgrade a stage further is Cobra Sport's all-new TP115 4" slash cut carbon fibre tailpipes, which gives the Golf R a sporty and aggressive look making the Golf R stand out from the crowd.
View full VW Golf R (Mk8) product information on our product pages here >