The latest variant of VW's Polo GTI was launched in 2018, based on the latest Mk6 (AW) shape Polo. It sports the same basic engine as VW's own Golf GTI, an EA888 2.0 TSI, albeit in a different state of tune, boasting 197hp and 236lb ft. These punchy figures bring the Polo's 0-62MPH time down to 6.7 seconds (when equipped with the optional Performance Package), a mere 0.2 seconds off of it's Golf stable mate's 6.5 seconds.
As with all of the latest performance vehicles, the sound of the car from the factory has been severely limited offering a lacklustre and uninspiring exhaust sound. Cobra Sport have been able to truly open up the character of the Polo GTI optimising the exhaust tone with elite performance exhaust systems that both work with and remove the PPF filter.
Cobra Sport opted for 3" (76.2mm) stainless steel pipework which is larger than most on the market for the biggest upgrade in terms of performance, flow rate and sound levels. The free flowing nature of the Cobra Sport exhaust setup will maximise future tuning possibilities of the Polo GTI.
VW Polo GTi (Mk6) Exhaust Configurations:
- Turbo Back – Pipework which fits from the turbo backwards replacing the front pipe, standard catalyst, PPF, centre and rear sections.
- Venom Turbo Back (with Back Box Delete) - Pipework which fits from the turbo backwards replacing the front pipe, standard catalyst, PPF, centre and replaces the rear section with only pipework, resulting in the ultimate improvement in terms of exhaust tone and sound.
- Rear Performance Exhaust (GPF Back)– Pipework attaching to the centre of the vehicle and continuing to replace the rear section retaining the PPF filter.
- Rear Performance Exhaust (GPF Back with Back Box Delete) - Pipework attaching to the centre of the vehicle continuing to also replace the rear box of the vehicle, resulting in the ultimate improvement in terms of exhaust tone and sound level whilst keeping the stock catalyst and PPF in place.
Available in the range is Cobra Sport's unique ‘Venom’ exhaust set up. For those who want to maximise sound levels, the Venom exhaust forms a complete turbo back upgrading the downpipe, removing the GPF and also the rear silencer to offer the biggest sound increase whilst keeping a sporty exhaust tone. Sold for track use only, the dynamic sound from the Venom exhaust is guaranteed to impress, significantly enhancing the tuning opportunities and overall driving experience.
Buyers have the choice of tailpipes including a stylish straight and slash-cut stainless steel 3.5"/88.9mm tip, Black Ceramic-Coated (+£76.87) and Carbon Fibre (+£143.50).
At a glance...
- TIG-welded 3in (76.2mm) diameter mandrel-bent pipework for optimum gas flow
- GPF Back exhaust retains stock catalysts and GPF (MoT compliant)
- Configurations designed to be interchangeable for future upgrades.
- Selection of 4in (101.6mm) tailpipe options including ceramic-coated Blackout (+£75) and carbon fibre (+£140)
- Turbo back system opens door to ECU remapping and further tuning
View the full product information and listen to the sound over on our product pages > Mk6 Polo GTI Performance Exhausts